Friday, November 9, 2007

Out of the mouths of babes...

Does your child have some ridiculously un-funny or just plain nonsensical "joke" tell over and over again? You know, the kind that on paper just really isn't funny, but because s/he is your child (or perhaps because of the delivery of children - especially the cute voices!) you find yourself laughing nonetheless.

My three year old (Gracie) has just such a joke. I have no idea where it came from - I must only presume her (somewhat odd) brain. It really isn't funny, but it makes me laugh every time I hear her say it.

So, do you want to know the joke?...

I present to you the unedited Gracie joke:

What do you get when you cross?

A meat 'n donkey cheese!


----

I find myself laughing uncontrollably even as I'm typing this! I can't explain it, really. Notice she does not say "What do you get when you cross X with Y"... It's just "What do you get when you cross". Moreover, I have no clue what "a meat and donkey cheese" is!

[More uncontrollable laughter. Sorry....]

Okay. Deep breaths.

----

I'm guessing your children have lines like these, and I'd love to hear some of them...

Hatushili

1 comment:

Carmen at Old House Homestead said...

O.K. I just asked Lydia (Gracie) to tell me her joke. And it goes like this...

What do you get when you cross the road...

A meat 'n donkey cheese!

I remember her telling it that way. Anyway...you have to tell the "like a penguin" story, too!

Love,
Me