Monday, January 22, 2007

The "Streams" of Emerging Church


I have no idea why I keep stumbling across "stream" metaphors when people are attempting to describe the emerging church, but I do. First it was Mark Driscoll, now Scot McKnight is at it!...

Read Scot's article - it's a good summary of the many parts that make up this formless, shapeless blob that is the Emerging Movement (I hesitate to even capitalize that phrase, to be honest) right now.

The article is based upon a lecture series that McKnight gave. Obviously the article shortened the lecture a bit, and here's a response written by someone who heard the lecture series and is clearly not within the emerging 'conversation'(he's a Presbyterian minister, incidentally). He has some fair and accurate objections to parts of the emerging movement, though on the whole I'm more with McKnight on this subject. Anway, read the response, too. Good stuff.

Thoughts? Comments? Questions?

Hatushili

No comments: