Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Why not to have a blog


A friend of mine is a writer by passion, accountant by trade. I advised him yesterday that he should have a blog. His response: Blogs are self-centerd, egocentric platforms for people to puff themselves up.

He's probably right in many cases. We've all run across blogs that are full of "I did this..., then I did that ..." foolishness. But for me, this blog is a way of "talking to myself" that I find helpful for putting a finer edge on my thinking. When I have to put it in print, as it were, I feel compelled to think a bit more critically about what I do, and what I do not, mean. It's a sounding board, if you will.

So please don't think of my blog as me attempting to sound high and mighty, or that I just really, really want other people to know I exist and how cool I am (or am not!). I've always been one to talk to myself. Mom says it's because I was an only child for the first nine years of my life...

For those that find my "self conversations" interesting, read on. For those that think I'm merely self-promoting, please know that's not my intent. If you find me engaging in such, call me out! I can always delete your comment...

Hatushili

No comments: