Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Wrestling...

I need you folk to pray for me, please. I'm really struggling right now to stay patient and peaceful. In some ways, this new year has been a serious challenge for me and I'm not sure I'm always handling it very well.

Please pray for the welfare of my family, for patience, for wisdom and for grace. If you interested in the details, read on...

As many of you know, my once full-time job became a part-time job in December. Now it's become a Saturday-only job. I'm in the process of getting my substitute teacher's license, but am currently at the mercy of the State's timing. So ... I have virtually no income right now.

This past week my truck died at an intersection. Despite my best efforts, I could not get it restarted. I finally had to tow it to our local mechanic who informed me that I need a new timing belt and a whole slew of other (individually inexpensive) repairs that add up to over $600.

This past weekend I discovered we've had (for who knows how long) a slow leak in our half-bathroom. The shower stall leaked water into the surrounding floor. Long story short: I've ripped out the entire floor and will need to replace it all before the bathroom will be usable again (even the toilet is out right now).

Last night we lost all water pressure. This morning the well company informed us that our 34 year old well has at last given up the ghost. We need a new one: $3,600 and the loss of some of my favourite landscaping in the front yard, and we're currently water-less (trust me, you take it for granted when you have it).

On to the encouraging news:

I think I can fix my truck myself for less than $200.

I think I can fix the bathroom for less than $300.

Since my mother-in-law just sold her house (closed today) and is now living with us, we will be able to pay for the new well and it should be in working order by Friday.

Since no one else wanted to work the local trade show this week, I'm able to pick up nearly full-time hours this week instead of just Saturday.

Rumor has it that my local public school is desperate for substitute teachers, so as soon as the State processes my license I should have no trouble finding work.

I have a very promising lead on pastoral work that (should it work out) will allow our family to stay in the area.

The earth is still under my feet, the sky is still above me, and the LORD is still on His throne.

Hatushili


No comments: