Friday, January 11, 2008

No, I've not fallen off the face of the planet!

Okay, so it's been a while since I lasted posted anything.

Like 3 weeks, to be more precise.

But I'm still here. As I'm sure they were for you, the holidays found me very busy. I'm only just now beginning to find (read: make) some time for this blog. I find myself regularly thinking "that would be great to blog about!" ... but nothing happens.

Anyway, for those curious, I'll give you a brief synopsis of the last three weeks...

Right around the time of my last post I was moved to part-time at work. You would think this would leave me with lots of time on my hands. And it did - time I spent getting ready for and enjoying Christmas-time.

Christmas afternoon I contracted the flu.

The next day I had to move Mom's furnishings to our house (and to storage) since she officially moved in with us. I was apparently more ill than I thought, because I spent the better part of the next three days incapacitated.

I recovered in time for Rebekah's 9th birthday party, then (a few days later) celebrated the New Year with the family.

Over the last week and change I've been working part-time, arranging to do some substitute teaching, working on the house (the mud room, mostly), and meeting with folk about various things.

After next week, I'll be virtually unemployed at my present job (I'll be working Saturdays only), so I'm trusting that the LORD will work out the details of providing the necessary income for my family. Long term, I'm still pursuing pastoral work. But in the immediate, I have bills to pay!

Anyway, I've got tons of topics I want to post about in the near future. I'm even arranging a guest post by a friend of mine (look for it in February). I hope 2008 finds this blog more engaging, more interactive, and more useful to you than it was in 2007.

For now, good night.

Hatushili


2 comments:

Carmen at Old House Homestead said...

I have to add big props to JB for doing a ton of the work moving mom and such! Thanks JB...if you hadn't helped I'd been scraping a husband off the ground!

Hatushili said...

As always, JB was there when I most needed him. He even got to be stronger than me for a day! (I wonder if that tire was rigged though, JB!)

Hatushili

Hatushili