Monday, March 3, 2008

The LORD provides!

I've been wanting to chronicle this story for some weeks now, but I couldn't (for reasons I'll not get into here).

Now I'm finally at liberty to say that ...

I am officially the Children/Family Pastor at the church we began attending last year!

I can't begin to express how excited and energized I am by all of this. As time permits, I'll fill you in with more of the details. For the moment, please continue to pray for me...

My two primary prayer concerns:

My position is part-time, with the hope of becoming full-time. For now, I need to continue to find other sources of income. I'm doing some substitute teaching, some work at the chainsaw shop, and some building trades/construction stuff too! As you can likely guess, I'm really enjoying the diversity of my schedule these days. But the fact remains that I need to stay organized and I need to continue to find ways each week to meet our family's budgetary needs.

Also, I have tons of names and faces to connect, and perhaps just as many ideas and notions to consider. There's a lot of positive momentum building there, and a great many very concerned parents. In short, it feels like the perfect spot to join in. But having said that, I still must successfully navigate the challenges of this new position.

If I can impose upon you to pray for these two issues, I'll be indebted to you.

Hatushili

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We couldn't be happier for you, and of course we'll be praying for you.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to here of this super news,glad your staying in area,we need to hook up soon.Pie or desert????? (You too JB). Will keep you in my prayers.Gods Blessings,Don

Hatushili said...

It's Don!!!

Haven't heard from you in a while, bro. Good to "hear" your "voice"!

You're right, it really is super news and we're very glad to be staying in the area. We're considering a move closer toward the Spencerville/Leo area, but that'll still leave us plenty close to friends in the metro Busco area, eh?

Pie'll be fine, so long as it's not served by Kim! : )

Hatushili