Sunday, December 9, 2007

Oh, the weather outside is frightful...

I find myself iced in today, something I'm not really accustomed it. Snow? Sure. But too much ice? This is simply not normal for this part of the country. Worse still, today is Sunday. We dared not make the trek to our church services.

But all is not lost. We're taking the day off as a family. Munchies for meals; fun and games; trimming the tree. (The boys and I got our tree yesterday but we've not decorated it yet.)

So far, my list of accomplishments include:

Not showering.
Building a fire (we heat with wood).
Not showering.
Eating breakfast.
Not showering.
Playing Crusader with Noah.
Not showering.
Playing Scrabble with Noah and Bekah.
Not showering.
Eating lunch.

It's been a full day already! As you can see, I've clearly not had time to shower yet and the chances look slim for the rest of the day ...

If, like me, you're iced in with family take the time to enjoy it!

Hatushili

3 comments:

Carmen at Old House Homestead said...

Yes, we had a great day despite the icy weather. The tree is beautiful with all the kiddos ornaments stuck together in the center of the tree since each of their ornaments are sooo special -- I mean decorating it! (We rearranged some ornaments to make it a bit more...balanced (aesthetically and architecturally!)

We had munchies all day...fried mozzarella sticks, mini pizzas, pigs in a blanket, potato skins, etc. Ooops...and of course ice cream, brownies, candy and cookies!

It was a nice relaxing day...even though someone failed to take a shower!! (We love you anyway...at least you're clean now!)

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, Sunday was a wonderful day... I myself never left the comfort of my sweatpants, let alone my house. If that weren't enough school closed on Monday and I had a chance to repeat the process...

Hatushili said...

re: Carmen - it was a great day. As you noted, after my initial post we ended up decorating our Christmas tree. It's always fun to remember Christmases past with the kids as they see ornaments they forgot about!

re: JB - I'm now jealous! I thought having one day to do nothing was nice ...

Hatushili