Saturday, February 3, 2007

Church Change


I've got a seminary course next week that meets in a one-week module format. The first two days will be on campus. But after that we'll be attending a "Change Without Compromise" conference in Michigan. The church facility it's being held at is NorthRidge Church, and the official site of the conference (which I presume travels) is here. I'm not sure what to think about all of this, to be honest...

I get the impression that the church we're headed to is decidedly Seeker - something I'm decidedly not. But I've been told the conference itself doesn't really address that issue. It's more general purpose, I guess. We'll see...

Also, we'll be attending a postmodern church's Saturday meeting on the way back home. I'm looking forward to that. I think we'll be given a chance to talk with some of the church leadership folk as well.

All told, the course (including the conference) sounds like it should be very informative, and a good place to test some of my heretofore more philosophical thoughts about Missional and emerging.

I'll keep you posted. If I get a chance, I'll try to post something during the conference.

Hatushili

No comments: