Sunday, June 24, 2007

A Prayer for the Broken

LORD, we live in a broken world, a world full of brokenness:

Broken relationships;
Broken hearts;
Broken families;
Broken lives.

I hurt for the broken.
I myself am one of them.
I long for the brokenness to be healed.

My power fails me;
I cannot change this mess around and about me.
Sometimes I long for the days when I was too immature
in my faith to so quickly see it all.

Ignorance was once bliss.

You alone can change this, LORD.
You alone have the power to create real healing;
You are even now at work in the world to do just that.

Help me to see where I can come alongside Your work, LORD.
Help me to be a part of bringing healing to all this brokenness.
Dry my tears, but use them to make me fit for the work.

Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, where did you come up with this one. I am totally feeling the words to this! Mary

Hatushili said...

I wrote the prayer; it was something the LORD placed in my heart after a specific set of circumstances.

I'm glad the words spoke to you.

Hatushili