Saturday, June 30, 2007

Tonight I Went Hunting

... for pictures to take, that is. The only things I shot were pictures!

I took the camera out into the back yard this evening and took these shots. I offer them in hopes that they bring half as much joy to you as they do to me. [I'll admit it - I'm a photography nerd!]




This is a very pretty geranium that Carmen has hanging near the back of the yard.



As you might have guessed, our garden is in full swing now. This is a close up of a future cucumber!



Echinaecha is a wonderful plant for a variety of reasons: one being these blooms.



This is the same echinaecha plant from a wider angle.




Am I the only one that thinks gazing balls are cool? I don't know if I like the big (read: bowling ball size) ones, but this smallish one on a rusty base often catches my attention.

.....

And now back to our regularly scheduled theological blogging. Sorry for taking this indulgence!

Hatushili

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I can follow you up to the ball, but that is a little funny. However, I can appreciate the idea of a man liking a ball ornament. Most men would not appreciate this. I did not realize that cucumbers had a flower like that. What type of camera do you have? I really need one! Mary

Hatushili said...

The camera is a Canon A620. [Warning: clicking this link will take you to a very long and detailed technical review of the camera.] I love it, in case that's not obvious!

Yes, I do like the gazing ball ornament in my yard, thank you very much! : )

Cucumber flowers don't last long - if you've not gardened you'd not likely ever see them. Since you live in a massive urban center, I'm guessing you're not a gardener, eh?

Hatushili

Anonymous said...

They are good, very good, but none of them even compare to the Eli mullet picture...I think that needs to be your "random family picture" for a while...

Hatushili said...

So let it be written; so let it be done.

Hatushili