Sunday, August 19, 2007

Good news from the pulpit

As many of you know, I'm a big proponent of the Westminster Confession of Faith's purpose statement for humanity.

Q: What is the chief end of man?

A: To glorify God and enjoy Him forever.

As such, I often find myself "battling" against those well-meaning folk that either explicitly or implicitly believe that the chief end of man is to spread the Gospel. While spreading the Gospel is certainly one way we glorify God, it must be set under the overall umbrella of God's glory.

Anyway, I bring all of this up again simply because my pastor preached a message this morning about precisely this point, and it was nice to be reminded.

Hatushili

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! Wish I was there.

Hatushili said...

re: JB - I could be a tad insensitive and point out that you could've been there ... but I won't!

Hatushili